Date(s) - 15/10/2017
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Would you like to feel confident without struggling to meet the unrealistic standards of beauty set by others? Comfortable in your skin and body, without using chemicals which are bad for your health and the planet? Would you like to feel good without endlessly consuming the newest fashions, expensive cosmetics or latest health trend?
Come join us for a relaxed afternoon in beautiful-magical Treis Elies, to exchange information, clothes and ideas.
There will be:
– A clothes swap (rules and info below)
– Presentation on diy and natural cosmetics (with Kitti from Nature’s Renaissance) followed by an
– Open discussion on natural personal care, practical issues and anything really
– Tips on how to upcycle old clothing (with Maria from Tris Elies Art and Nature Club)
– An experimental free movement workshop that will examine our relationship to ourselves and to our bodies through the use of clothing. (withEleftheria Socratous, more info below)
– Homemade, organic food will be available for sale
Body movement workshop:
Some of the questions that we will work on are: How much we determine our choice of clothes and how much our clothes determine us? How do we feel e.g. wearing the “wrong” clothes, how do they determine our self awareness and our self confidence? And how do they determine our movements? Among others, we want to examine these questions in a very creative and playful way. The workshop is structured in a way that anybody can participate despite their bodily diversities, age (from 7 years old) or prior experience in dance or movement.
Bring all your clothes that you no longer wear/need, we will collect all the clothes on a table and then people can go a choose what they would like to take home. First come first serve. The clothes swap is focused on women’s clothes, however you can also bring men’s and kids clothing.
Please try to bring clothes that are in good condition. Small defects are ok.
Choose with awareness.
The remaining clothes will go for charity.